Beech Grove Volunteer Fire Department is reporting that they were dispatched to a possible structure fire on FM 777 at CR 298 at 9:46 this morning. The caller reported smoke and an electric burning smell inside the residence.
Beech Grove Fire Chief James Gunter said, "Aided by a thermal imaging camera, firefighters were able to identify the source of the smoke. An electrical failure inside a 22-year-old television was the cause. The television was removed from the house and the remaining smoke dissipated through natural ventilation from the windows".
BGVFD responded with an engine, a tanker, and 8 firefighters.