It seems that the twenty-first century has produced a general feeling among the female of the species that men are no longer needed. I read articles and see programs on television produced by young, liberated feminists who espouse the idea that they have no need for a man in their lives. They are educated, own their own businesses, and only need a man for pro-creation. They can then rear their children alone – who needs a man around? Any time a program or commercial needs a dufus, guess who gets that part – the white guy. It would be a politically incorrect thing for a female to do.
In view of the above I was surprised to read an article which reported on a recent survey among these women which revealed that they were still interested in men, as long as the men did what they wanted them to do. The article listed seven things these modern women think are missing in modern men.
1. Elevator Etiquette - I suppose it is because there are no elevators around here that I was surprised by the women’s complaint. The ladies want the males to let them into the elevator first, then allow them off first, according to this survey.
2. General Respect – the women complained of their perception that men no longer show them the proper respect they feel they deserve. It seems that a man staring at their rear end, or front end, and yelling things such as “hi sexy” is no longer a sign of endearment.
3. Giving Up Your Seat – Apparently guys no longer let women have their seat on the bus, train, or trolley car, and they resent it. I always thought that this was a “built-in” automatic response of the male toward the female, but apparently has now disappeared.
4. The World Is More Threatening To The Female – They feel that women are being attacked more often and in more places these days. The survey said that most women want a male to walk them to their cars in a parking lot, or even walk them home.
5. Be Polite To Them – This covers a wide range of things. How about reaching for something off a high shelf for them? Or, opening the door for her to enter or exit? The survey reported that the women would like for a man to help them carry a big box or package. Could it be that men are no longer doing any of these polite things?
6. Hold The Door Open – Do not let the door close on her while she enters or exits first.
7. Driveway Etiquette – This is not a new one. The women do not like for men to drive up in their driveway and honk their car horn as a signal for them to come out. They much prefer if the male walks up to the door and walks her to the car.
So there you have the current ideas of the modern female regarding males. It seems that in spite of the fact that most modern feminist have done their best to emasculate men, they still have some need of them. They are trying to “sissify” the young boys by forbidding them from playing “dangerous sports”, and definitely not playing with a toy gun, and no playing “cowboys and Indians” because of political correctness. In other words, manliness is being discouraged, that is, until they have need of a man for one of the seven reasons listed above.
Being a male is a matter of DNA.
Being a man is a matter of age.
Being a gentleman is a matter of choice.